RCA input is an analog type of connection. Technology has grown to a point that we do not need to use wires and cables for some connection. You might therefore be asking yourself why you might need a speaker with RCA input. Well, some people still want speakers with RCA inputs. In this article, I will guide you on the best speakers with amazing RCA inputs.
What Is An RCA Input?
RCA (Radio Corporation of America) is an audio connection used especially for radio consoles. It is an Old technology of audio connection. It is however replaced by new technologies like Bluetooth which serve the same purpose.
RCA ports are easy to detect. At the back of your DVD or TV, there usually labeled L or R and are colored white and red. Modern have another yellow-colored port. Their cables are also colored the same and for each port, you should insert the cable with the same color. Connecting devices with RCA inputs is very simple, you just need to identify the colors and read the L or R indicators.
Is An RCA Input Device Necessary?
Yes. Old RCA was mainly used for audio connection but recent ones can be used for both video and audio. Wires and cables are cumbersome and may seem complicated but are very reliable. Many people would want a wireless connection which may not work at times but RCA is reliable because all you need is just a good cable and perfect wires to connect.
What Are The Best Speakers With RCA Input?
Here are the Best speakers to purchase:
1. Edifier R1700BT
This speaker has the following features;
- Bluetooth, AUX, and PC modes
- Has 2 RCA inputs, 1 speaker output, and 1 speaker input
- Has ports that can connect to additional devices such as DVD/CD player
- Has the loudest bass
- Has strong/powerful tweeters
- Has 2 speakers
- Beautiful design, wood, and plastic
- Installed with Bluetooth
- Has 2 RCA inputs
- Accommodates 3 modes; Bluetooth, AUX, and PC.
- Economical price
- Only supports 1 wireless connectivity
- Has too much bass you may not enjoy a treble sound
See price and other pictorial specs:
2. Audioengine A5+ Wireless
It has the following features;
- Has a variety of color options (black, white, brown, and white)
- Has in woofers (5) and a tweeter
- Supports Bluetooth
- Uniquely lacks grills covering the speakers
- Has easy-to-follow controls like a huge volume control knob
- Has an LED power indicator
- Fitted with an IR sensor
- Has several inputs; AC input, RCA input/output, and speaker output.
- Simple remote control
- Enhanced Bluetooth feature (AptX HD)
- Compact and easily portable
- Wonderful design
- No digital inputs
- Does not support EQ.
See the price:
3. Micca PB42X
This speaker has a very simple design. It is one of the cheapest found in the market. It is extremely simple but produces sound to 20 kHz. The sound may not be loud enough for huge rooms and is mostly preferred for PCs and maybe TVs in small rooms.
- Easy to set-up
- Bass and treble is balanced
- Very conducive for small rooms
- No wireless connection capability
- No other inputs apart from RCA
4. Pyle PBKSP22 Speakers
This is another affordable speaker. It is also simple like the above speaker.
It has an output power of 300W. They are not heavy and can be carried easily. The speaker has only 1 RCA input. It is fitted with other ports such as a USB port and 1 speaker Output.
It provides easy control as it has a knob for bass, volume, and treble. It also supports a wireless connection, Bluetooth, though the version is older.
- Supports Bluetooth connection
- Can be connected both wirelessly and with wires
- It is cheap
- The speakers can be mounted on walls
- Less weight hence easily portable.
- The package does not come with an RCA cable
- When the volume is very high, distortion is noticeable
5. Klipsch R-51PM
I must say that I like the package, it is one of the best, usually 2 speakers, USB Cable, digital optical cable, speaker wire, remote control, 2 batteries, power cord, and rubber feet.
This speaker has some features like;
- USB Port
- AUX Port
- Speaker-out connectors
- Optical input
- Bass-reflex port
- Sub-out port
- Has several modes; Bluetooth, USB modes, AUX
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Has many outputs and input ports
- Nice design
- Packaging comes with many accessories
- Too much bass especially at high volumes
See its price:
6. Kanto YU6 Speakers
This speaker is unique and different from most of the speakers I have reviewed. If you fancy different colors, then this is the best speaker you can purchase. You can pick your favorite colors from the wide variety available.
The packaging is also amazing. It has some accessories such as a power cable, 8 rubber feet, a user manual (for easy set-up), a remote, and a rubber foot.
It has very powerful woofers with a strong output of 200W.
You will love the ports; AUX input, USB port, AC power connector, RCA input, optical output, speaker output, and a sub output. It also has an amazing post for a turntable.
- Supports Bluetooth
- Several inputs and outputs
- Comes in varied colors
- LED indicator
- Easy format for selecting the input mode(using the volume knob)
- Powerful woofers but poor bass
See the price and variety (colors):
Which Speaker With RCA Inputs Is The Best?
We have gone through 6 speakers. All of them have amazing features but you might need our recommendation on the best. I would recommend you to purchase the Audioengine A5+ Wireless. It might be more expensive but the features are heavenly. Order it from amazon:
What Should I Consider Before Purchasing A Speaker With RCA Input?
1. Types Of Connectivity
Most devices are modern. Purchase a speaker with both RCA inputs and digital inputs. Speakers with only RCA inputs can be very limiting.
2. Price Of The Speakers
Expensive speakers are thought to have the best features; this is true but some of these speakers have overinflated prices yet the output is not worth the price. Purchase a speaker within your budget.
3. Additional Features
Consider features like WIFI and Bluetooth connectivity. Due to technology you might consider some of the latest features like the capability of supporting voice assistants such as Google Voice and Alexa.
You might not want too bulky speakers that occupy a lot of space. Since they are not wireless (due to RCA). It is important to look at the space available in relation to the speaker you want to purchase.
There are many speakers with RCA. You can pick one of your choices. Make sure you follow the links given to get more pictorial specs and prices that will help your decision. Always settle for the speaker with the recent features.