Peacock is probably the latest streaming service provided by NBC Universal. Peacock could not be used by Samsung TV users without a streaming device such as Roku and Airplay 2. However, the latest development on the app allows all Samsung TV users to use it just like other smart TV apps.
How Do I Download And Install Peacock In My Samsung Smart TV?
Downloading and installing the Peacock streaming app is made easy. You can find the app on the Samsung app store. You can follow these steps to install the app on your Samsung TV:
- Locate the Menu by pressing the Home button on your Samsung smart TV remote control.
- Move to the apps section, if you have seen the Peacock app before, then you will pick it easily from the other apps.
- Press the search button and type Peacock to search for the Peacock app if you cannot find it from the app section.
- Once you find the peacock app, click on it.
- Choose, Install and install the app.
Alternatively, you can follow these steps to have a peacock on your Samsung TV:
- Use this link to download the peacock app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.peacocktv
- Sign up and move to the Samsung Home screen on your Samsung TV.
- Launch the app store.
- Search for Peacock then choose ‘Add Home’ so that the app is installed.
- The app is ready for use once your insert your logging details.
How Do I Watch Movies On Samsung TV Using Peacock?
Just like many streaming apps such as Netflix, you cannot watch content on peacock without an account.
If you don’t have a Peacock account, then you will need to create one. Once you have an account, you will have to select a subscription of your preference.
You can watch content for free on the app as long as you have an account. However, you cannot access all the channels and content offered by Peacock unless you subscribe to Peacock Premium services.
The Peacock Premium is available for $ 4.99 per month. However, with this subscription, you will see some ads frequently.
If you don’t fancy ads and some other commercials whenever you are streaming content from the Peacock app, you will need to dig deeper into your pocket. There is the Peacock Premium Plus package. This package does not have any ads on it, you will need $ 9.99 per month to access the service.
What Shows Can I Find On Peacock?
The app may not have a lot of content like the other apps since it is still being developed. NBC Universal is still working on adding more content and shows soon such as Harry Potter.
However, here are some of the shows available on Peacock:
- The Office.
- Parks and Recreation.
- 30 Rock.
- Battlestar Galactica.
- Wolf Like Me.
- Saturday Night Live.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
- Golden: The Journey of USA’s Elite Gymnasts.
You can download shows offline on your preferred device. This service is available for users that have paid for the Peacock Premium Plus. However, to download the shows, you will need good storage of about 500MB for a 60-minute show.
Other than the above-enumerated shows, Peacock users can watch sports on Olympic Channel and WWE Network. Additionally, you have access to Premier League games. However, these services are available to Peacock Premium subscribers.
For kids, there are shows lined up on NBC mostly from Dreamworks Animation.
We cannot close this section without touching on Movies. Movie lovers are not left behind by the app, there are many movies available on the app such as:
- Field of Dreams.
- Dallas Buyers Club.
- The Breakfast Club.
- American Pie.
- Do the Right Thing.
These are just some of the movies available.
Peacock App Not Working On Samsung Smart TV
Peacock app like many other apps may fail to work on your Samsung TV. The app may be freezing, failing to load, crashing, or not loading. The steps shared in this article can be used on any other app that is not working on your Samsung TV.
- Cold boot the TV – hold the power button until the TV turns off and on again (using the remote control). Without the remote control, you can achieve cold booting by unplugging the TV from the power source for 35 seconds and then reconnecting.
- Update the TV’s software.
- Erase the app from the TV and then download it again.
- Reset Smart Hub on the TV.
If the peacock app issue is not solved by the above process and procedure. You can contact the Peacock Help Center: https://www.peacocktv.com/unvailable
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Access Peacock Online Services Outside The Country?
You cannot access Peacock TV services when you are out of the country. You can only watch downloaded content. If you must watch Peacock content, the only option is to download the shows before going out of the country.
How Do I Download Peacock On Apple Airplay?
Follow these steps:
- Go to the app store and download Peacock iPhone/iPad app.
- Install the app and insert your login details to log in.
- Choose the AirPlay icon then play the content (show) that you want to watch.
- Select your Samsung Smart TV so that it displays the content that you want to watch.
Note that you must have your Samsung smart TV and your iPhone/iPad connected to the same WIFI network.
How Do I Register For Peacock?
First-time registration for Peacock is very easy. You don’t need many details. Visit the Peacock homepage and then tap Join Today.
Once you have clicked Join Today, enter your email and password.
You can subscribe to another package on the same homepage, that is, upgrade to premium or premium plus.
Can Peacock Work On My 2017 Samsung TV Model?
The Peacock services began taking effect from 2017 therefore Samsung TV models that are older, that is built before July 2017 will not give you direct access to Peacock services. If you must use Peacock services, then you will have to upgrade to the latest Samsung TV models.