Peacock is one of the latest streaming services in the US. Most people have been using it on other devices. Have you tried it on your Amazon FireStick? Well, Peacock TV was not available on Amazon initially. However, you can now use Peacock TV on Amazon FireStick. In this article, we will show you how to download, install and use Peacock TV on Amazon TV.
Downloading And Installing Peacock TV
It has been a year since Peacock TV was launched. All this time, it was not available on amazon. However, it is now available and you can download it directly from the Amazon App Store.
Downloading Peacock directly from Amazon App Store is not applicable for users outside the US. This service is exclusive to US residents only. However, you can sideload the app if you are not in the US.
Downloading And Installing Peacock TV From Amazon Store
Follow these steps:
- Go to the Home screen on your FireStick.
- Move to Find and then Search.
- On search, use a virtual keyboard or voice to search for Peacock TV.
- Once you find Peacock TV click on it to Download or Get.
- The download and installation process will begin, wait for it to finish.
- Installation is successful once the above process is complete.
- Launch the app and start using it.
Sideloading Peacock TV On FireStick
Other than using the Amazon App Store, you can sideload the app on your FireStick and enjoy the services.
Follow these steps;
- You will need to download and install the downloader app to sideload the Peacock TV on your Amazon FireStick. The downloader app is available on the Amazon app store. To download the app downloader, follow these steps:
- On the Home screen of FireStick, Toggle Find then Search.
- On Search, type Downloader and click search.
- Click on the Downloader icon to download and install it.
- Activate ‘enable Apps from Unknown Sources
Sideloading is similar to uploading third-party apps. Therefore, you will need to enable apps from unknown sources. Follow these steps to enable this feature:
- Got to the settings icon on the FireStick Home Screen. You can alternatively click Gear on the Home Screen.
- Toggle on My Fire TV.
- Go to Developer Options and click on it to open.
- Tap on Install Unknown Apps.
- Click Downloader and ensure it is ON.
- Install Peacock TV On FireStick
These steps will help you install Peacock TV:
- Press the Home button on the FireStick remote and then click on Apps.
- Find the Downloader app and open it. There will be many pop-outs whenever you open the downloader app. You will have to dismiss/cancel all of them to proceed successfully.
- Using your remote, choose the URL text box.
- On the URL text box, enter the following URL: firesticktricks.com/peacock.
- Click GO.
- Peacock TV APK will download on the FireStick. Wait for the download to be complete. Do not interfere.
- On the bottom right corner, click install once the download is complete. Installation takes only seconds.
- Go back to Downloader and delete the APK file to clear up space.
- Delete again when prompted to do so.
Watching Peacock TV On FireStick
After downloading the Peacock TV, the next obvious step is using the app. Therefore, we have some steps to follow whenever you want to use Peacock services:
- In the middle bar of the FireStick home screen, locate the 3 dots on the far right. Alternatively, you can access the app using your remote by clicking the 3 line button on the remote.
- Click on the 3 dots.
- Move/scroll down, there are many apps. Locate the Peacock TV icon and tap it to open.
- Click Sign In and enter your email and password for your Peacock account.
- Use a virtual/on-screen keyboard to enter your email and password.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Sign In To Peacock TV?
Signing to peacock will require you to visit the Peacock official website. You will have to choose the package/plan that you want to use.
Peacock has 3 different plans. Free Plan, Peacock Premium, and Peacock Premium Plus. The peacock premium goes for $4.99 every month and Premium Plus $ 9.99 every month.
A confirmation email will be sent to you by Peacock. Click on the link in that email to verify your email address.
Once you have completed the above process, you successfully have a Peacock account.
You can sign in to Peacock on any device using the email and password that you have just created.
How Do I Update Peacock TV App On FireStick?
Updating Peacock TV if you downloaded it from the Amazon App Store is easier. You only need to ensure that the Automatic Updates option is on. To do this, follow these steps:
- Move to FireStick Settings.
- Go to Applications.
- Select Appstore.
- Go to Automatic Updates and click on it to turn it ON.
Once automatic updates are ON, all the updates will take place automatically.
On the other hand, if you sideload the app, automatic updates are not possible. You will have to uninstall the Peacock TV APK. Once you have uninstalled it, you can install it again using the procedure that we have earlier described in the article. Reinstalling the app will ensure that you have the updated version.